Lucy Grace writes fiction. Since starting writing in 2018 her short stories and flash fiction have won both national and international awards and feature in several print anthologies and online. She is currently working on her debut novel, which was longlisted for the 2019 Lucy Cavendish Debut Novel Award.
Awards, Scholarships and Publications:
- 100 word flash, ‘Night Journey With My Father’ was selected for the print edition of Ellipsis Zine 6: 2119, ‘One hundred words, one hundred years from now’.
- My story, ‘Sand Seven’ published in the print anthology from ‘The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize’.
- Awarded first place in the North Notts Literary Festival Short Story Award with my short story ‘Me, The Canal and Shrimp’ which will be posted on their website soon.
- Awarded an 80% scholarship from Arvon, based on a sample of my writing, to attend a week’s writing course at The Hurst, Shropshire to work with Kerry Young and JJ Bola in October 2019.
- Offered a free bursary place at the Smokelong Quarterly Flash Fiction writing event to be held in Birmingham in September 2019.
- Won first prize in the Faber Academy #QuickFic competition.
- Longlisted in the international 2019 Berlin Writing Prize – shortlist announced on 1.10.19.
- Longlisted in the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Award, Edinburgh. The story will be published in the print anthology.
- Longlisted in the Retreat West Micro Flash Fiction competition.
- Shortlisted in the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize and will be included in the prestigious 2019 print anthology. Winners announced on 12.10.19.
- Shortlisted again with a different novel for the Jane Fallon Scholarship for a place on the Curtis Brown Creative Novel Writing course. Close, but no cigar. (That’s three times shortlisted now with two different works – I am clearly not their cup of tea. I suspect I’m just too Northern – I have gravy on my chips and everything.)
- Poem shortlisted in Creative Futures 2019 Writers Award, representing underrepresented writers.
- Shortlisted in the 2019 Winter Solstice Arachne Press Short Story Award.
- Shortlisted in the Mairtin Crawford Awards at the Belfast Book Festival.
- Debut novel longlisted (last twenty from seven hundred entries) in the 2019 Lucy Cavendish Debut Novel Award.
- Shortlisted in the Chiplit – Chipping Norton Literary Festival Short Story Competition.
- My debut collection, a novella in flash, is shortlisted for publication in a competition run by EllipsisZine. It did not win and remains unpublished (hello, agents out there!)
- The opening chapters of my debut novel made the shortlist for the single scholarship place on the Curtis Brown Creative novel writing course.
- Won an international first chapters competition with Three Rock Writers Retreat, Crete
- Won one of twenty places in the Ellipsis Zine: Five to be published in the print edition
- Won fifth place in the WritersHQ ‘From LGBTQ With Love’ short story competition, short fiction piece published online
- Won first place in the Writers and Artists Yearbook 2018 short story competition
- Won the scholarship award to the international Iceland Writers’ Retreat
- Shortlisted in the Bridport Prize
- Shortlisted in the Curtis Brown Creative scholarship for debut novel writing course
- Shortlisted twice in the Reflex Fiction Awards
- Won highly commended in the Brittlestar Literary Magazine short story award, judged by Nicholas Royle
- Longlisted in the Fish Flash Fiction Award
- Longlisted in the international Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize
- Published in the Dusk: Solstice Shorts print anthology with Arachne Press
- Second prize in the Hammond House Press short story competition
- Second prize in the Newark on Trent Literary Festival short story award
Get in touch with her via email or twitter, or fill out your details on the contact page.